FAQ > . > My ex-spouse and I disagree on what my child needs.

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

This is one of the most difficult questions a parent can bring. What do you do when one of you sees the need for out of home placement, and the other does not? Most often we see that the parent with whom the child has been living is seeking out of home placement, and the non-home parent disagrees. Some parents try having the child switch homes for a period of time with a list of “red flags” for needing treatment if certain behaviors continue. We are very willing to have your spouse call us, and speak to other parents with whom we have worked. Please raise these questions early on in the process. Parenting plans for today’s divorced and separated parents vary widely from state to state. Please have a copy available to send to your consultant.